Burglary & Theft Attorney
Stansbury Park & Salt Lake City UT
Why You Should Hire a Theft Attorney
Stealing can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on what the actual charges are that you face. Whatever the instance may be in your specific case, it is critical that you hire an experienced theft attorney to represent your legal interests when you face charges like these.
There are several different classifications of theft which you may be facing because of the broadness of this category. Here are some of the examples to consider.
- Burglary involves breaking and entering into a home with the intent to commit a felony.
- Embezzlement is to convert funds fraudulently from the rightful owner to another person.
- False Pretenses is the acquisition of a legitimate property title through false representation.
- Larceny involves the removal of a property with the intent to permanently deprive the rightful owner of it.
- Theft is the wrongful acquisition and retention of property not your own.
There are numerous types of property which could bring about theft charges such as those listed above. Real property includes homes, landscaping, and real estate. Tangible property is something moveable, such as what a store would carry. Information, intellectual property, and even personal services can be stolen as well.
You should hire a theft attorney whenever you face citations or charges like these because it does not take much to convert a misdemeanor into a felony. In many circumstances, the value of the items in question must only be above $400 for the higher charge to apply.
Our team can ensure that you receive the best representation possible for your case. If you have received an accusation of theft or are currently facing charges, then speak to a knowledgeable attorney about your circumstances today.